Thursday, July 5, 2012

Odyssey to widest waterfall of India-Chitrakoot & Bastar


Day 1 :-
It was 15th October when I started my journey from Raipur. In the evening time one can enjoy walking across Gaurav path near to Ghadi chauk in Raipur. Other option is to visit big malls if you are interested in movies & shopping. 

PVR mall in Raipur

Gaurav path, Raipur



I already had a booking over phone with Mahendra Travels from Raipur to Dantewada sleeper coach.
My bus departed from Raipur around 22:00 hr to drop me next morning around 7:00 am. 

Day 2 :- 

It was raining that time when my bus dropped me exactly in front of Dantewada temple, but who cares ! I kept moving. ;)
Looking at closed shops of flowers in the morning one get the feel of temple in-front but when you reach near entrance its like entering inside fort with huge walls of around 15 meter.
I entered inside to protect myself from drenching completely. Inside that fort you will find a wooden temple with so many ancient sculptures inside. To visit shrine of mother Danteshwari you are not permitted to enter with your normal dressings. You need to wear clothes they provide inside temple ( Dhotar in marathi) no wearing over chest. You can do photography if interested & then come out to visit other adjacent temple. 
Around temple you can visit beautiful confluence of two mall rivers, also well maintained park just behind temple.  


Danteshwari Mandir, Dantewada





Small Park around
Mother Danteshwari !



After taking blessings from mother I departed for my next journey to my favourite kanger valley national park.
I took bus from Dantewada up to Jagdalpur. It was almost 11:30 when I reached Jagdalpur. I hired an auto for my next journey to kanger. 
It was really fantastic to see village & green paddy fields in the month of Oct, on both sides of road. After reaching near check-post I decided first to go for Kutumsar caves & then Teerathgarh waterfall. As they close entry to caves after 15:00 hr. I paid them Rs. 90 /- ( 50 for camera & 40 for entry/guide & torch) I was not very excited for caves. I thought it will be like some huge hall with some path to follow with guide. 
At second check post they check your ticket & let you go towards next 5km for caves. Reaching there was interesting journey across forest. Guides were waiting outside caves with torchlight. I shown my ticket to one of them & we both went inside cave.
This underground cave is 330 metres in length and is known to be the second longest natural cave in the world. It is about 32 Km from Jagdalpur and was discovered in the year 1900. There are stairs at the entrance and once inside, you can see stalactite formations. No sunlight reaches the cave and in little puddles of water there live blind fish and frogs. The cave has many connecting compartments. At the end of the cave is a stalagmite Shiva-linga, which is revered by tribals and visitors alike. Source-Wikipedia 
Entering inside makes you feel exited. Entering inside was something I had never seen. A big hall with water at some places, Big Stalactite/stalagmite limestone structures, naturally made roof carvings of tiger, shiv ling, beautiful looking concentric circles made due to percolating water &  so many things to list like honey comb, tiger feet etc.
I was really awe-inspiring & thrilling experience to visit Kutumsar.
I finished photography inside with my strong DSLR flash & then came out with all.























Roof Painting made naturally by percolating water  
























After finishing my cave visit I went to Teerathgarh waterfall. 
First view of waterfall was really mesmerizing, its different in its own way.
Water cascading down over steps & thanks to good rain that year to make it more beautiful.
Amazing blue color of sky was adding value to scene !













































On the way to Teerathgarh
Second fall at Teerathgarh

Game of sunlight & water
Flower on the way 
















































my favorite Teerathgarh


Kanger Dhara on the way to kutumsar





















To end my day I left Kanger valley national park, & reached to Anupam talkies, Jagdalpur.
From there I took last bus to reach Chitrakoot waterfall around 20:00 hr in night. Thanks to Chhattisgarh tourism for creating such beautiful resort on the bank of Indravati river, from where you can see waterfall from your room.
I took dinner from restaurant & slept like dead body to relax my dead body. 

Day 3 :-

Next day morning was fantastic with due drops spread all over green carpet of grass !
I started clicking everything from 5 mm small due drop   to giant waterfall. 
Due drops on curved leaf
Giant Chitrakoot
Boating at chitrakoot
Fishing @ chitrakoot
My room


Every moment since my wake up to the time when I went to bed was wonderful & mesmerizing different view of waterfall/ diff colors/ diff position of rainbow, Rising moon in river so many things to click ! :) 
And most important so many clusters of starts which you can hardly observe in big cities 
I enjoyed photography there !  There is small sand beach just beneath Resort where you can enjoy swimming water gaming & travelling across river.
Chitrakoot waterfall in night lights
Small hut at ground for safety jackets
My favorite photograph of the tour

Also you can enjoy some local fruits without pesticides. If interested can buy some hand made beautiful wooden structures. 
Finally after finishing my day activities I went back to my resort & after dinner inside blanket again :)

Day 4:

Next day I did swimming, again some more photography & left Chitrakoot at 14:00 hr for Jagdalpur to catch my bus to Raipur in night ! 
Leaving Chitrakoot was really touching moment for me. I was missing my enjoyment for last two days.
Chitrakoot Resort was really fantastic for any family tour, I decided will definitely going to bring my dad, mom & sis over there to enjoy like me.
Wishing good bye to one of my favorite place

No comments:

Post a Comment